Saturday, October 28, 2006

St. Louis Wins


At the beginning of the MLB season, I made a friendly wager with a friend. He is a die=hard Yankees fan. He cornered me to pick a team that would win a pennant and possibly the title. I heard on the radio earlier that day that Detroit had a good chance, so I picked the Tigers. He laughed at me. When the playoffs started and the Yankees and Tigers were matched against each other, I laughed. I had no idea what happened during the season. This was sweet justice for all the taunting he did. When they beat the Yankees I gloated, of course. When the Tigers made the finals, I secretly regretted not being a gambling man. Now that they lost, I am okay with it. Congrats to the Cards. At least one Cardinals team can post a victory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home